MIRI COMMUNITY

Okay, this particular post is entitled MIRI COMMUNITY as you can see above.

I find that it is quite new for me to join this kind of contest as I never join any before. I just want to try out my luck in blogging community. So, less craps for this post.




As you can see, Miri's map is uploaded on my blog. Wondering why?

I am scare that some of you(my mighty readers) don't know where it is. It can be a guide to you too if you want to plan a visit to Miri. You simply need it!


Truly, I am not a "Mirian" because I was born in Sibu but I moved to Miri when I was at about 2 years old. Should I call myself a Mirian? I don't know much about Miri but I do know about Miri or they call it "The Oil City" because it has a lot of oil and gas sources I guess.

When it was Pasca PMR last year, my school paid a short visit to the famous " Grand Old Lady" situated at the top of the Canada Hill. It was completely a good visit eventhough it was really hot there. But when you enters the building, a cold sensation covering your whole body and you will feel good. They provided information about petroleum which I found that it might be useful someday.

You are allowed to take pictures and I did. I did uploaded the photos on my blog but due to a moron people out there who hacked my blog and caused me to lose some of my precious posts before.


As a part of community, I always do my job. I am still a student and also a Red Crescent member. As for that, I take part in the community services such as visiting the old folks home situated at Krokop. Besides, I also organized activities like beach cleaning cleaning our school compound. We took care of the people around us and cleaniness of our city. Surely a NO for bad impression for a fresh, calm and harmony city like MIRI.


The view from Bintang Megamall's carpark

The last 20 years of MIRI is surely a great different between the present MIRI; resort city. Years by years, buildings grow with much and much higher technology. People are getting modern and stylish. There's one thing that did not change. The greenary scenery. When you are in Miri, you still find a lot of green coloured creatures. Emphasized on the word "a lot"

Despite other state like Bangkok (been there before), whenever you walk out the hotel in Bangkok early in the morning, you will find that the air is really "hazzy". You hardly can breath there. Bangkok or Thailand is also still a developing country and same goes to here too. I can see the difference. It is much more better here. everything is better here.

Other than that, you can find a lot of newly build hotels which offer a high class services. Once you are here, you never want to go back. Another word, you will miss here.


Seahorse symbolises Miri too and I am sure that you get to see a lot of seahorses in Miri especially at the roundabouts. I feel proud when I see seahorses there. Feel proud of having to live in this tiny little city.



This is new to me. I just know that periwinkle is miri's official flower. You can look at the photo below.



When I rewind back, I think I found a lot of these flowers around the town if you are sensitive enough around your surrounding. Yes, I can remember it now. My mum did plant one before and it is also pink. I think most of us do not know that this is the official flower of Miri City. It is a beautiful flower.


This post is getting informative. I might use it in my essay writting and it will be good :)


In the end, I would like to end this post with a thank you .

I hope my English is not that sucks :P

Comments

Popular Posts