Cinderella

The other day I was reading at the newspaper and I found out one interesting article from an author. The ending part of the story was simply amusing and touching. Actually some part of the article I don't really understand it becuase on top of the article, it says FUN WITH PUNS.

Whats puns anyway? I got no idea till I check on the dictionary.

"A humurous use of a word or phrase to emphasize or suggest its different meanings or application, or the use of words that are likely or nearly alike in sound but different in meaning; a play of words".
I find that it is simply brilliant if you know how to twist the words which gives you another meaning. But too bad, I'm not that smart. So, today I'm going to share with you about the story of a cinderella. A cinderella with smart brain. like me.

So, the picture above is just a picture. The real cinderella doesn't look like the retarded cartoon above.

The story begins . . .

*copied from the news!!*

Cinderella alighted from her ornate coach, and the prince stepped forward to greet her. She curtsied gracefully, her extraordinary beauty captivating everyone at the ball. The two stepsisters watched her dreamingly. They were dissapointed that the prince did not even save the last glance for them. Cinderella beamed with quiet pride as she danced with the prince. She and the prince were both excellent dancers, executing great floor play. And they were finger clickin' good when they danced to flamenco music.

In her happiness, Cinderella completely forgot about the time. The clock chimed midnight, and she dashed from the hall.(Two hours later, she had an awful nightmare in which the clock said to her,"I wasn't very hungry, otherwise I would have gone back four seconds!")- This part I don't understand la.

The prince loved Cinderella to distraction. He searched the palace grounds for her, but she had dissapeared into thin air. Fidning a glass slipper, he asked his servant to take it to every household in the kingdom."I shall marry the girl whose foot fits the slipper," the royal bachelor declared.

The servant tackled the job with extreme alacrity. When he reached Cinderella's stepmother's cottage, the stepsisters tried many times to squeeze their big feet into the dainty slipper. They couldn't get fit - but the poor servant almost had one! "I should have brought along a laundry basket for the two fo you," he said, shaking his head.

"What for?"asked the stepsisters.

For you to throw in the towel!"replied the servant. All this while, Cinderella had been sitting quietly in a corner of the room. Luckily, the servant saw her and requested her to wear the slipper. "It won't fit you, Cinderella," Stepsister One sneered. "You were not at the ball."

That's right." Stepsister 2 said with a corroborative nod. "You'd better unhand the slipper." Ignoring her stepsisters, Cinderella slipped on her tiny foot, and teh servant exclaimed,"A perfect fit! This testify to your ownership of the slipper."

Cinderella was soon at the palace. "I'm burning love for you," the prince said to her. "You didn't tel me your name."

Don't make a fool of yourself," Cinderella thought, and she replied, "I am called Cinderella, because I am always covered in cinders."

"You'll never be a footballer if you keep running away from the ball," the prince said with a small laugh, "but you will be my queen next week when my father abdicates the throne and I become the new king." And he imagined himself sitting on the throne, replendent in an aquamarine silken reign coat.

"A footballer?" Cinderella thought with an amused look. "I had pumpkin for a coach!" Agentle smile spread over her face as she said, partly to herself and partly to the prince,"Marriage - this word has a nice ring to it!"

Sh then poured her heart out to the prince. Shocked that she had endured the cruelty of her stepmother and stepsisters for many years, he asked her, "Do you want them to be punish condignly?"

"No," Cinderella replied. "I forgive them, because I want to feel joy."

" I second the emotion," the pince said with a orepossesing pumpkin-size smile.

Can someone explain to me what's the meanign for the ending part? Is the cinderella sincerely forgive the stepfamily?



I'll end my post with a video from taylor swift :)

Today was a fairytale

Comments

Popular Posts