paying the last tribute

Morning seemed to be a little gloomy. I woke up silently and rushed to the toilet even before I could open my eyes bigger to get a better image of myself in front of the mirror. I brushed my teeth thoroughly and washed my face quickly. I did not bath that early morning.

So, I changed into my respective formal attires hanging on my single door wardrode and wore my heels. In a blink of an eyes, I reached the church; st joseph cathedral.

It was full of crowds, and the expressions on their faces signified that there was a funeral mass that was about to start. I was going to my friend; Tiffany's funeral. Never in my life , I would imagine I was attending my friend's funeral at this young age. seventeen.

Crowds were the relatives, friends and even strangers who wanted to pay the last tribute to her. I was really shocked of the incident that happened last friday and it was the most terrible incident to happen to me as well as the victim; Tiffany. again.

A call to a friend caused me dumbfounded, astounded by the news .

Covered with white linen with a big cross knitted on, carried into the cathedral somehow, I felt that my heart shattered into pieces. I was sitting on the right side of the big cross hanging in the middle of the church.

I really could not believe God was showing all these to me at this age. It was an upset occasion. When it was time for us to get a last view of Tiff's, they opened the white linen, and the coffin. It was the moment where I shed my tears. It was painful in the heart. A kind of pain that I never encounter before. Not the pain when your mum scolded you for fighting with your siblings. It was a pain of an unconditional love to her as a friend.

The pain that felt by the family members, relatives and friends. The pain that led us to drop our tears. The pain that leave prints in our memories. The pain that mark and to be remembered in our brains.

I can never forget the pain I felt today.

When I looked at her face, I felt the blood within me was dashing. I could not believe her lying in that rectangle box.

I shake hands with the parents, brothers, sisters and relatives. bidding condolences.


The news that spread earlier this morning was really heart wrenching. A pigeon came back and landed on the palm of my friend's mother. I think it was Tiffany before she went up to heaven. to bid goodbye to family, relatives and friends.

Last but not least, I hope that she could rest well and be the guiding angel in our lifes.

Comments

Popular Posts