Dedicating to BoiBoi, my first Belgian Shepherd

“BoiBoi! Come here,!” 

There he came up running to me with his long and lean legs alongside with his brindle coat. When he came, he would always be standing next to me, sitting and looking up proudly with his sharp face. I would pat him. Who wouldn’t? People might be scared at him, because of his size and stern face.

“To me, he is just a cute little puppy who is out of love and lack of confidence and foremost he strived to live

He loves rice. It feels like he has never eaten this thing in his life before when I first introduced this tiny white grains in his bowl. He hates kibbles, he doesn’t take it a lot unless he is hungry. And so he has been loving meal time like a mad ever since.

Little did I know it’s freaking easy to instil the word and action of “hand hand” into his little mind. He has very small head. Ahhh. You can’t pat with one stroke, it’s never enough. 
Sometimes you lay a short and sweet kiss on his forehead whispering ily like what I did to Harng and he sometimes did that to me on my bad times. 

Without much practice, he already mastered the word of SIT HAND HAND, RIGHT HAND. I didn’t have much time to train him. 

I thought I was going to train him more, but I couldn’t. 

He was a bad brat to other dogs except for BiBi; another dog I brought home together with him except she’s younger. He wouldn’t let other dogs go around without sniffing them especially Rottie. He hates him.at first. But turned into admiration and buddy later on during their daily walk up the hill. Three of them got together, but not for long. 

The next thing I know he was wounded on both of his legs, alongside with black stools and nosebleeds. He survived the latter, after administering antibiotics into his guts. However, his legs started to swollen from the wound side and we quickly brought him to the vet again. At the clinic, it was another round of inserting that 1 litre of intravenous fluid into his blood. He was jaundice already, and really weak. It was sickening to see his swollen legs were full of pus. I thought he would be okay after all. He didn’t. He vomited twice when we brought him home in his crate, maybe due to the imbalance of fluid in his bloodstream. His blood test showed severe kidney damage where the BUN was way too high and way too low in haemoglobin. Literally it was devastating when I found out his hb was only 4. When I worked in the hospital lab, this result will immediately alarmed the group of nurses to start administering packets of blood into the bloodstream. What can I do to BoiBoi to help? I was helpless, the vet couldn’t decipher what was happening to BoiBoi but just treating the symptoms away. BUN was high, hb was low, ALP was high. Why is this happening to BoiBoi? No one knows. Even the vet. 

Even now. And that is sucks. 

Back home, he would not take much food. He refused to gargle down the tablets and tablets of antibiotics, antioxidants and vitamins the vet prescribed. The next day after the visit to the vet, he totally would not take up any food or medicine even with the addition of the heavy and strong smell of wet food the vet gave which will cause a catastrophic feelings on my other healthy dogs. I have a feeling he was not going to make it that day. He was going to die. And he did. 

Before he died, I’ve known he has been fighting since coming back from the vet because he was lifting up his head on and off for the umpteenth times I ever seen. It was only his head he can lift to survive. The lifting of his head cause him some hurt he couldn’t feel because he had no energy to put his head down slowly. Those banging sounds of his head onto the crate hurt my heart. I’m glad he passed away. He was free from all the pains passed down from one generation to another. 

All I know is that he is definitely happy with the life he had here with me for a month. Boi, no matter where you are, you will always have a place here, in my little beating life

Regards Jessie; your last caretaker. 





the look he gave me after coming back from the vet

The look he gave me after coming back from the vet


You know what? You looked the best when you're gone. Your left ear finally stand up high as I wished for. I cried. 

Comments

Popular Posts