The second time I gave birth



Hi, its been two years since the last post! Wondering if anyone still read blog post? -.-!

It's my D-17 of postpartum journey. I felt better already, my mum has been here for the past three weeks to help me with my postpartum and taking care of my first born whilst I am under postpartum care. Thank God for her presence for taking care of Yang and also my husband while I'm taking care of myself and the newest member in the family! Everything has been great and mundane and same everyday that I got so bored I decided to write some stuff here. (Taking a break now while baby is sleeping because if I sleep with baby, I got too much sleep I feel quamsy)

So what should I start with? or where should I start of with?

Let's start with THE DAY.

I started to have the slightest contraction at about 4.30 pm. I was already waiting for a week for the arrival because it was almost due. Exactly as the predicted date which I didn't expect. 23 Oct 2023; 2332 what a number. I waited for a while to make sure its not the fake contraction but I knew it was it. It's coming. I bathed and had dinner in a while after. Bathed, alongside with my mum, my son and husband we all went to the hospital. It was 8.00 pm when we all got ready to go. Within that, the contractions were coming on and off in between. I tried to take deep breathe in and out when its coming. It helps a little.

Reaching the hospital, my mum took the hospital bag and accompanied me (this time I went to the government hospital so there's no one to serve you once you were in the hospital) I trusted myself to be able to walk up to the labour room without a wheelchair. So I was having contraction while walking so I got to stop myself on and off. Then little did I know someone, I think its the security guard brought a wheelchair and asked my mum why didn't you take the wheelchair. I was too painful to answer the guard because it was me who being hard-headed said no need for the wheelchair. So sorry for my mum..

Anyway, I reached in a minute because the guard was pushing me so quickly my hair blew. lol I definitely was under some pain that she didn't see before or she did lol.

So I reached the ward, the labour ward. Promptly after all the procedures, I was placed in a waiting room. I was dilated for 4 cm already. Which I was surprised. Amazingly surprise. Truly. My heart is crying happily at the the same time.

No family member is allowed to be inside so yeah, I'm all alone.

For every contraction, I couldn't stop myself from wailing. I hope I'm not the only one. All sorts of things coming out from my mouth but I'm not crying. I know I'm strong enough to overcome this time.

For I have been a discipline pregnant woman for freaking 40 weeks, I told myself I can/must do it this time, else, my dream life will be over T_T

For 40 weeks, I refrained myself from drinking carbonated drinks (most of the time) and eating well and real for most of the time to prevent myself from getting big and grumpy. I only took soy milk in my chocolate drink instead of full cream milk or condensed milk. I didn't know why and how but this time this little boy of mine is more active in the tummy, so I felt that I should be able to do it. You gave me some hope when I felt your kick as early as 20 weeks. Let's name you Hope. >3<

So I was in the labour room already by 9 pm. Waiting to be laboured. Am I using the right verb? -.-!!

I thought I was a VVVVVIP because there were literally 5,6 ppl or more in charge of me. Every contraction was so intense compared to my firstborn. The gynae that inspected my condition and she felt my stomach and the intensity of my contraction. Didn't really know what she told me but she felt that I can do it naturally but there was her subordinate telling her I have a history of caesarean and I don't want to take any painkiller and all and she just nodded. Because the contraction is so strong that they suggest me to take the gas, the painkiller and all. So in the end I took the painkiller and the gas.

So the waiting game started. How it turned into early labour? There's one contraction that I felt that its coming but there's no one around so I was calling for help lol. I finally felt the pooping game. Something is coming out down there definitely. So there were two younger houseman coming in and asking me, do you want us to check on your dilation for second time? Because second check was supposed to be at 1.45am but it was only 11pm. I remember I used to be checked on dilation for so many times during my firstborn. 

So I just nodded, and holyshit when she checked on me I feel more dilated than ever (LOL) and contraction was coming and I was telling her that I think I'm almost wanted to give birth. She told her colleague that I could be in labour already so then the labour started. Probably she felt the baby's head already but she didn't inform me, so I was like ok. Because everything was so fast and chaotic and suddenly there are so many nurses and docs in front of me telling me to push like shitting. I think I pushed for about 20 mins to finally let the baby out. In between, some nurse is encouraging and definitely there was a doc discouraging me. Kept on calling me Jeanie "if you keep doing this I will push you into the OT room ya." I don't know what did I do that makes her scolding me that. So I was telling her "sorry, sorry." LOL

Midway, she did the episiotomy which is a cut between the vagina and anus which I only look at it after few days of postpartum because not knowing how it looks like sometimes is better than knowing it. I didn't know whether its a need to do so or not but you have no control over anything during that moment. So bear with it.

Little did I know, the baby was out and put onto my stomach for a while and then the nurse showed me his genitals and took him away~ I don't know why he was not placed on my chest for an hour (like what the poster shown) maybe too much blood is involved? 

Aftermath of the labour was havoc because the doc said I did not cooperate enough for her to finish the stitching that she cut open. So after an hour of trying to stich in the labour ward, I was pushed into the OT for stitching. Another hour has gone. By the time I was in the ward it was 2.30am already. Saw my husband waiting outside the room :D

So I got to lay straight for 6 hours before getting up. Anyway, I did it! I did it! I freaking pushed out a baby from my tummy. Oh ya, he was a 3.46 kg baby!

Welcome to the world, curly babe ~

Comments

Popular Posts